PROJECT ESTIMATOR - Growing South Bay Commercial and Residential Site Development & Construction, Company Seeks Project Estimator
Hiring Company: Techcon-Monument Construction
Location: Morgan Hill
Reports to: Chief Estimator
Full/Part Time: Full Time
We are seeking the candidate who is searching for the opportunity to invest in their construction career.
Successful Candidate will be:
· Highly organized, self-starting individual with a keen customer focus and ability to meet deadlines
· Detail orientated with an eye for continuous improvement in quality and delivery of Techcon’s products.
· Effective communicator both internally; to all levels of management, and externally with customers and suppliers.
· A team player with colleagues and customers
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Minimum Experience requirements:
· 2 years of experience demonstrating a working knowledge of concrete and landscape general practices.
· Highly proficient with: MS Office products; Excel Project , Outlook & Word.
Additional Skills desired:
· Timberline/Sage100 Estimator and On Screen Take Off, Auto-Cad, Spanish language skills
Compensation & Benefits:
· Competitive Salary plus incentive program
· Comprehensive medical, dental insurance program, vacation and 401k
Specific Areas of Focus:
1. Pre –bid coordination
a. Responding to bid Invitations
b. Job walks as needed
c. Identify all GC bidders
d. Creation of all estimating folders
e. Manage all plans and specs required for bidding
f. Update bid board
a. Assist in “competitive Buyout” for projects.
b. Complete take offs
c. Manage/maintain data required for estimating system
d. Manage RFI and addendums
e. Schedule Review of final bid
f. Identify all exclusions prior to review
g. Populate Hard/Soft bidding folder for each bid
3. Contract Award
a. Field coordination from estimate to job start
b. Create the Job Hard and Soft folders
c. Manage document version control with GC
d. Create a submittal log and submit to GC
If you believe you have the required skills and motivation to be successful in this position we look forward to meeting you.
Send the following to VGonzales@techconcorp.com
2. Salary expectations
3. References and other relevant information you consider valuable in our evaluation
Thank you for your interest in Techcon-Monument Construction.